What Sets Us Apart
At American Century Investments®, our commitment is rooted in focusing on delivering superior investment performance and developing long-term relationships with our clients. Our track record of performance, our business model and the legacy of our founder set us apart in the industry.
Performance Focus for More than 50 Years
- Founded in 1958 by Jim Stowers, Jr., we relentlessly focus on delivering superior investment performance and building long-term relationships with our clients.
- Our headquarters is in Kansas City, Missouri, with offices in New York, New York; Mountain View, California; and London, England.
- We take an active team-based approach to managing equity and fixed income investments.
Pure Play Business Model
- Money management is all we do.
- No ancillary businesses distract our focus, stretch our resources or compete with our clients.
Privately Controlled and Independent
- Our owners maintain a long-term view when it comes to investing and our company. We are not beholden to quarterly earnings pressures. This enables us to stay true to the long-term objectives of our investment strategies, offer reliable diversification and align with the best interests of our clients.
- We're from Main Street, not Wall Street. We take an independent view, guided by our commitment to do the right thing for our clients. We're one of the few major asset managers untainted by ethical lapses.
Profits With A PurposeTM
- Through our ownership structure, more than 40% of American Century Investments' profits support research to help cure genetically-based diseases including cancer, diabetes and dementia.
- With their personal fortune, American Century Investments founder Jim Stowers Jr., and his wife, Virginia, founded and endowed the Stowers Institute for Medical Research - a world class biomedical research organization dedicated to improving quality of life by researching and uncovering the causes, treatment, prevention and cure of genetically-based diseases. Both Jim and Virginia are cancer survivors.
At American Century Investments, we believe the ultimate measure of our performance is your success.